Reporting to the Project Management Office Director and to the Consulting Director, the Project Director is responsible for the delivery of projects to clients. He/she manages the resources for each project and coordinates activities and deliverables with client resources and partners. Responsibilities include overseeing the project schedule and budget, as well as managing risks, deviations, open points and resulting follow-ups.
The Project Director also manages the scope, quality, risks and communications of the projects he/she oversees. As the project owner and client’s main point of contact, the Project Director escalates disputes to the appropriate parties when required.
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the Project Director promotes project management best practices to all participants. His/her role includes escalating customer pain points and project risks to the Project Management Office and Forgestik management team.
Ensure project delivery (80%)
- Coordinate project start-up and prepare project launch
- Devise and maintain project schedule and budget
- Manage resources assigned to each project
- Coordinate client and partner deliverables with their respective representatives
- Perform project follow-ups with the team
- Manage change requests to project scope
- Communicate project progress with stakeholders via the dashboard
- Ensure that the registers are up to date (risks, open points and follow-ups)
Other tasks (20%)
- Participate in PMO meetings
- Participate in defining PMO standards
- Participate in transitions from Sales -> Services and from Services -> Support
- Participate in the evolution of project management methods and processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Ability to grasp client’s business needs
- Applied experience in project start-up, planning, monitoring, control and closing
- Decision-making skills
- Rigorous and meticulous work ethic with attention to quality
- Negotiation skills in a project context (budget, risks, challenges, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Experience with SAP
- Mastery of PMITM knowledge areas
- Knowledge of management tools (Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in Project Management / Business Management / Information Systems or any combination of equivalent knowledge or experience
- Extensive experience in managing large projects involving several stakeholders
- Experience with SAP or ERP software
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written)
- PMP certification
- Willing to travel to clients (as needed)
WHAT WE OFFER AT FORGESTIK:
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility (100% remote work option)
- Group insurance benefits
- Generous complementary health insurance
- Three weeks vacation from the start
- 5 days of paid sick leave
- Continuing education program
- Employee RRSP contribution program
If you want to join the ranks of a dynamic and experienced team in the implementation of ERP business solutions, this position is for you. Applications will be treated confidentially, and only successful applicants will be contacted.
Forgestik is Canada’s largest professional services firm specializing in the implementation of integrated management software (SAP Business One®) and business process optimization. In 2021, Forgestik was named the number one SAP Business One partner in Canada for the third year in a row.
We look forward to receiving your application!